What are a Wooden Dominoes Set?
Wooden dominoes set a small rectangular block made of wood, is used as a gaming piece. Like cards, wooden dominoes are painted with identifying marks on one side and blank or patterned on the other. The side of each pipe is separated into two squares by a line or a slope, each with a series of spots or ‘pipes’ identical to those found at a die (indicated in the listing below by a zero).
The normal Western collection comprises of two sets, each labeled with a diameter of six to six, 6 to six, and 6 to four sets, 6 to four, 6 to three, 6 to one and 5 to three, 5- to four, 5 to three, 5 to three, 5- to one, 5 to one, 4 to three, 4, 4 to one, 4 and 4 to one, 3 to three, 2 to two, and 3, 3, 3 to two to four, 2 to two, 2 to one and one to three to three. There are occasionally the use of longer wooden domino sets up to 9-9 (58) and even 12-12 (91). The North American Inuit play a domino-like game of 148 pieces in pairs.
Types of Wooden Dominoes Set
Two types of wooden dominoes set are available. The cheap, mass assembled for low cost or high quantity applications. The domino photographed on the left is a way to take you to a classroom using dominoes to make a domino picture mosaic. The top wood domino is often crafted by an authentic craftsman, mostly covered in various woods and beautifully polished with layers of lacquer. These dominoes can be treated as works of art because much of the time and art are highly priced.
A Brief History of Wooden Dominoes Set
Wooden dominoes developed in China, where dominoes or cards are mentioned in the tenth century—the same term is used for both and they are physically similar. The history of Western dominoes has not yet been developed. The Chinese dominoes were designed to be both sides of two dice and are typically only used for trick-taking games with Chinese dominoes (called “packed cards”).
While the Western 5-3 has five, on the one hand, the Chinese 5-3 on the other is 5 and three all around, just as the 5 of the clubs have 5 and one clubs on each side. This is why Chinese domino games are much like Western card games
In the first half of the 18th century, Western wooden dominoes set were documented in Italy and France, and by the end of the 18th century, French prisoners were taken into England. They are most widely used for position games. Each player positions a domino edge against another one in role games to the degree that the surrounding faces are equal or any sum is defined (e.g., 5 to 5). The most fundamental Western wooden domino games with two to four players are the block-and-draw series.
On the table, the dominoes are mixed. The lead is drawn by the players, each player draws the number of pieces, usually seven, to make a game by chance, by winning the “heaviest” piece. The left pieces are known as the stock or boneyard in the United States. Normally, the champion plays the top domino (because, at the end of the game, the player with the fewest pips wins).
Some Popular Wooden Dominoes Set
Handcrafted Rose Wood Domino Box NZ DECORS
- Material: Rosewood, Shining Brass
- Manufactured by hand
- Approximate Price: $39.99
- Size: – 9.00”L x4.00”Wx2.25”H
Change your regular DOMINO box to something which blossoms with glory and elegance. The NZ DECORS WOODEN DOMINOES Package is a complete wooden domino set with a magnificent box featuring 28 domino tiles.
There is an incrustation consisting of a beautiful brass sheet on the watchful, rosewood case, which pulls the domino players from the box. The high side of the bottom of the box is polished brass with dots and wire and the contrast between tones of rosewood and light metal makes this a really attractive addition to a tabletop or a shelf. The dominoes are made of the same exquisite wood and the dots on the DOMINO TILES are made of the same elegant, bright brass.
Premium Dominoes Handcrafted from Wood and Leather
- Materials: Leather and walnut wood.
- Approximate Price: $80
- Dimension: 7-inch x 4.37-inch x 1.26-inch
This wooden domino is made out of Walnut wood with a traditional natural brown color and delicate wood grain. This cowhide, mixed with wax leather, has a waxed surface with a matte and matt texture and a typical scent of wax.
This is a good package to make presents for yourself, your family and your friends at sessions. This collection comprises 28 pcs.
Wooden Domino Box (Handmade)
- Materials: wood
- Approximate Price: $37.79
- Weight: 500 grams
- Dimensions: 16-cm x 6-cm x 5-cm
- Dominoes: handmade wooden pieces are included with your order
- Materials: Sheesham wood
This is a handmade and special domino box set of wood, not the traditional set of boards. The box and the dominoes are handmade, made entirely of raw Sheesham wood (Indian rosewood). The box contains all the domino parts you need to play.
Dominoes is a really fun, rectangular domino tiles-based game. Each domino is a rectangle tile and its face is split into two ends. Each end is labeled or blank with many spots.
This domino box set is the perfect gift for those who like to play board games, and this box is not only a safe place to store the tiles in the room but also Ideal for those who admire nature’s elegance. This package would surely be much missed for game nights and as an exclusive gift concept.
This holder can be mounted on the coffee table or elsewhere in the space and it just sticks out. The outside of the box has a lovely golden pattern on the top that suits the color of the wood perfectly.
- Please be informed that you will be getting domino tiles and your package as well.
- This box is made of a wooden domino.
- nice to cover your domino parts
- A lovely piece for any room décor
- Great for Christmas gift / Birthday present / Wedding present / Holiday gatherings / family
- Includes lovely inlaid designs for a luxurious appearance
Handcrafted 28 Double-Six Rosewood Wooden Domino Set:
2-4 Player Storage Case (2-4 Players), A Great Christmas present.
- Materials: Rosewood, Brass, Beautifully Inlaid brass, Handwork, Handcrafted
- Approximate price: $59.99
Classic Numbers Table Game of the Rosewood Wooden Domino 28 pieces, 2 to 4 players, 28-piece Double-six specialist domino tiling set, 2 to 4 players, wood carrying game.
Size & Measurement:
- BOX – 6″ x 3.25″ x 1.5″ (Inches)
- Each DOMINO – 2″ x 1″ x 0.3″
Handmade absolutely by craftsmen This domino is made entirely by the finest Indian artisans. These craftsmen have improved their skills for years and are very glad about their work, ensuring the finest quality of any set made. Composed of 100% sturdy WOOD Clear finishing hand woven and hand made Clear finish.
Tournament size set These are 28-piece block tournament (Jumbo) sizes appropriate for a 2-4 player. Domino sizes: 2 x 1 x 0.3 pounds. Box size: 6 x 3.25 x 1,75 Inches.
Blocks of dominos and cases with brass inlay are made out of sturdy mango wood. This domino set is a wooden craft crafted by Indian artisans with traditional techniques. This domino is constructed with a high degree of expertise and attention to detail.
Full 28-PIECES DOMINO Package:
Classic Dominoes are made for long-term fun with an optimal weight and balance for each domino. A domino is marked blank or 1-6 recessed inlay dots in both ends with a regular system as is common in a classic double six table game. Domino is marked blank. Each robust wooden tile contains metal points that add an elegant vintage wooden domino look.
CLASSIC Play For all Ages:
This traditional table game promises entertainment for both children and adults in the whole family! Bring the night, weekend barbecue, or indoor rainy-day-fun into your next family match! Each combo number from 0/0 to 6/6 is included and is suitable for standard domino games. Double 6 dominoes for couples, friends, and girls.
The fun of hours:
It will arrange and pack up various ways freely. Whatever the game of Chicken Foot or Mexican Train, this is the better option.
Nice gift idea for everyone:
Eye-catching brass inlay hand-worked passionately and deliberately. Its huge amount of decorative charm can be enjoyed and applied to living or home decoration. This lovely domino package is used to present him/her, mother or dad, girlfriend or boyfriend, grandma or grandparents as a holiday gift, a gift from the Day of Mother, the day of Father, birthday homes or the wedding gift.
Travel Dominoes – Lightweight Wood Mini Dominoes – Pocket Domino Set
- Materials: vegetable-tanned leather and birch plywood.
- Approximate price: $31.50
Our lightweight Double Six domino package is made of high-quality natural material and can be packed in a plain, lightweight, muslin bag or Baltic birch-wood and wooden case. These Travel Dominoes have been referred to as the Buddy Builders by Sunset Magazine.
About the Travel Game Walnut Studiolo:
Our line of exclusive travel games, inspired by pocket games of soldiers carrying in W WWII, is compact enough to be compact and light, and big enough to be readable and important. In our Oregon Studio, Geoffrey Franklin creates and handcrafts all our travel games.
- The bag is furnished by a Portland artist Carla Bartow with an illustration.
- The handcrafted Baltic Blue Birch Travel Box is fitted with a dark brown leather lid.
- MATERIALS: Vegetable-tanned leather, Birchwood, and nickel-plated steel hardware.
- Per domino measures 1 9/16″‘ (4cm x 1.9cm) and 1/8″ (.3cm) thick by 3/4″ wide and less than 1.005″ (1.5 grams) in weight.
- The bag size is 4″ (10.2cm) x 6″ (15.2cm) and weights 1,8 oz with the domino package (50g).
- The travel case is 4″ (10.2 cm) x 1 7/8″ (4.7 cm) x 1″ (2.5 cm) and weights 2.8 oz with the domino package (75g).
The leather lid on the domino box is mono grammar zed with up to three letters, using the 1/4″ font package.
Cleans easily with mild soapy water.
Olive wooden Dominos box
- Handmade Materials: Natural wood, Olivewood, Olivier, olive wood pieces, and wooden pawns. The box is included with total of 28 dominoes
- Dimensions of the Box: 246 mm x about 77 mm Height about 52 cm
- Dimensions of each Domino: 46 mm x 22 mm – Thickness about 10 mm
- Homemade Craftsmanship Olive Wood: Never place olive wood in the washer, do not allow it to be soaked in dishwater, do not expose it to a thermal source
The soft sponge wood is washed, the soft water and soap are dried, the wood is rubbed, with peanut oil (or olive) after washing, to keep wood from being dried.
Moroccan Thuja Old Wooden Domino Set
- Materials: Moroccan Thuja wood roots
- Domino box with 28 pcs domino & 6 pcs dices set from Moroccan Thuja wood. Made from wood roots and have a special smell.
- Approximate price: $49.33
- Domino box 175 mm x 115 mm x 37 mm and 175.26 mm x 114.808 mm x 36.83 mm
- Dominos 49 mm x 20 mm x 7 mm and 48.26 mm x 19.812 mm x 6.858 mm each
- Dice 20 mm x 20 mm x 20 mm / 19.812 mm x 19.812 mm x 19.812 mm each
- Total weight: 620 g
About Moroccan Thuja Wood Dominoes Set
The Moroccan thuja is a coniferous tree closely associated with cedar trees, or Tetraclini articulate or so-called Barbary thuja. It is a continuously green tree with thick branches that is distinctive. The wood is reddish, often with golden veins and brown spots.
Sadly, it is steadily rising to a limit of 15-20 meters in height and less than 0.5 meters in width. Two years ago, the custom of the use of Thuja wood. Products of this wood are currently mainly produced in the area of Essaouira. They are recognized all over Morocco and the world because of the fascinating and exclusive invoice.
The manufacturers of these wooden products have been real masters and their works are known as special items. The uneven texture is also an asset. Wood from the trunk area is light brown with a cellular structure that is closely intertwined with it, while the root shots are much darker and deeply mottled.
It is rubbled with citrus fruits mixed with oil and then finely polished to bring out the natural charm of the wood. Without the need for colorless emulsions, this preparation gives the wood a stunning shine and protects against darkening.
The execution of small items such as cups, trays, pots, ashtrays or chess takes a lot of time due to the high hardness of the wood. Things made of thuja wood may also be painted or burned with oriental designs. Like other regional products, Essaouira and its surrounding areas are promoted in this instance by the potential of thuja wood. The carpentry industry is an important cornerstone of the local economy at the moment, both because of the number of workers and many customers from around the world.
Miniature Domino Set, Old Wooden Dominoes Set (1930)
- Estonian Complete Set 28 Black Domino Stones, Wood Collector Domino Game
- Vintage from the 1930s
- Materials: Miniature Set, Wood Domino Set, Collector Domino Complete Set of 28 Stones.
- Approximate price: $43.00
Stones 1 2/16 x 6/16 inches (2.8 mm x 1.5 mm)
Box 4.5 x 2 inches (110 x 35 mm)
- Antique wooden replica domino set in its original carton box with a total of 28 pieces.
- The black wood stones are very lightweight.
- Black backsides, white dots pressed on the front.
- OL and swan are inscribed on the front of the box.
- The carton box is intact and is ideal if not in use for storage of items.
- Is from Estonia in the 1930s.
- Fantastic vintage wooden domino set, or collector’s set!
- CONDITION Outstanding condition of vintage. There is wear on the corners in the box.
Rules of Playing
- The majority of the tiles are in a bank and pictures are down. Everyone in the game gets six tiles (chips), You will increase the number of tiles each player gives to seven if there are 4 or 5 players in the game.
- A player who has a double – the first movement begins with a chip with matched frames. The majority of the players turn to replace the tiles so that the images align at the intersection of the tiles.
- If a player has no tiles with the photo he takes from the “bank” one tile. This player misses a move when the knuckles are run out and in the “Pot”
- The winner is the player with no tiles quicker. The box will be wrapped solidly in stretch film and air bubble film to prevent injury. A thick carton is the top layer of the wrapper. For a very long time, wooden toys would be in use. Specific care and storage requirements are not needed. Only don’t let them get soaked (or get damp) and keep fire and heaters away.
Wooden domino game with Siberian ornaments
- Material: Wood and glossy painting
- Wood domino set
- Adult table game
- Russian pattern Made in Tomsk Pattern
- Approximate price: $19.00
Domino “Tomsk patterns” brings a modern look to a friendly company’s traditional game. The details are decorated with natural wood with elements of openwork gravure and the game is sleek and stylish. This play builds rational thoughts, concentration, and memory conditioning for your family or friends. “Tomsk patterns” Domino also acts as a present for board games enthusiasts.
Dominoes Set in Desert Iron Wood
- Materials: Hand engraving and Desert Ironwood.
- Size: – 10.00 inches long x6.75 inches wide x1.00 inches high
- Rustic Finish 28 Holds
- Hand Engraving Custom
- Yard Dominoes
- Outdoor Games
- Yard Games
- Approximate price: $99.00+
Full set of 28 homemade, family fun wooden dominoes set. The best package for holiday dinners, barbeque, outdoor reception, tailgating, or just a family group in the courtyard. These sets provide him/her with the right present!
- The box measures 10-1/4” x 4-3/4” x 3-1/2”
- Holds dominoes measuring 2-1/4” x 1-1/16” x 3/8” each
- Stainless steel pin.
- Weight approx. 5.5 Lb. full, box & holds
- The box measures 9 x 3-3/4” x 2-3/4”
- holds dominoes measuring 2” x 1” x 5/16” each
- Stainless steel pin.
- Weight approx. 4.4 Lb. full, box & holds
A customized domino package is a wonderful present for a particular individual for whom it is often difficult to buy. Great for the excited dominoes as a birthday treat, a holiday present, or housewarming gift. Customize it and make it a truly unforgettable present with a graved initial and name.
Natural Kids Domino Board Game with Animal
- Dogs in linen bag Kid’s Dominoes
- Three-year-old kids and adult’s game. The game is made of Krasnodar beech, natural wood. You should be confident that a toy is eco-friendly, safe, and high-quality.
- Approximate price: $43.00
- Includes Fun Wood Dominoes
- Chip Number – 28 pcs
- Linen pouch Packing
- Included English manual
- Details of scale
- Type: 10x15x5cm / 4x6x2 in Type
- Size: 4x8cm / 1.6×3.2
- Down Weight Delivery – 300 gr Shipment Weigh
- Materials: Beechwood, Oil for the lens, Printed UV
Old Wooden Animal Dominoes 28 Piece Set Children’s Domino Game
- Materials: Wood
- Vintage from the 1970s
- Approximate price: $12.75
- 28 piece set Children’s Domino Playing Wooden Animal Dominos 28
- Contents: 28 dominoes with wooden animals.
- Created in Taiwan
- Date: 1970s
- Condition: The box has minor wear and has transparent tape on 2 sides but is in decent condition overall.
- Domino game children’s 28-piece kit. The numbers and vividly colored animals appear in each domino. It a quite an easy game intended to help young kids understand their numbers and basic matchmaking. 2 5/16s x 1 3/16s x 1/4-inch domino measure.
Old Wooden Dominos in the Original Box
- Vintage from the 1960s
- Materials: Wood
- Old Wooden Dominos in the original box
- Vintage Wooden Domino
- Vintage Domino game
- Retro game
- Set of 55 shapes for dominoes
- Vintage gift
- Approximate Price: $19.90
There are 55 dominoes in this set. It was manufactured in the last sixties. The house is well-equipped and has every component. The wooden box is and is original. This can be a perfect add-on or a great present to anyone who enjoys backup games. Before you order this piece, please note the photos.
- wooden box: 27 cm x 5.9 cm x 4.3 centimeters.
- Figures: 2.3 cm x 4.2 x 1.77″
- Weight: 419 g
Some Basic Rules of Playing Wooden Dominoes Set
There are some common rules for playing a wooden domino set. Those rules allow a player to play a different bone when playing doubles; if, for instance, a double 6 is played, a new bone with a six will be played at one end. The second player must balance the bone of the leader by adding a bone at one end.
The twice are cross-sectional. A player unable to match is saying, “Go,” and the next player, except in the (more popular) drawing game, where the player unable to match draws from the stock until he hits the bone. A player who tries to play all his bones wins his hand and scores the number of points as many pipes on the bones that the opponents already carry.
If no one can equal it, the winner is the player who has the least remaining pipes; the winner wins the same number of points as the maximum. Play settings can be 50 or 100 points. The purpose is not to match an adjacent domino, but play a number seven if added to an end, and muggings where the objective is to make the sum of the open-end pipes on the plan multiple by five. There are many variants in play. There is a matador.
Benefits of Playing
Classic games like wooden dominoes have plenty of advantages. Only because technology is now keener and computer games are becoming smarter, more defined, and more immersive, does not mean that they can match all the advantages and advantages that conventional events like dominos can offer.
Social contact Social contact
You have to engage communally while playing a wooden domino. You would necessarily have to speak with your children and other family members and friends during the match. Guidelines must be debated and decided on. You must also master certain basic courtesies, including turning around to be both a graceful winner and a loser. It is also possible to play dominoes in teams, so it can help you learn how to communicate with others more efficiently.
Body and Soul
It gives you the chance to spend a nice time playing dominoes with your kids. It will also allow them to improve their skills in voice, listening, reasoning, and fine motor development.
You can play a variety of kinds of wooden domino games. They are used in the card categories of tiles, items, and cards, and many other games. Block games mean that dominoes are generated in conjunction with their numbers. Point games are marked because each hand is being played at the end of the game. In card domino play, dominoes with the power to “trump” and “trick-taking” are used respectively. Domino Games.com lists 12 different types, six-point games, three domino card games, and four other ways to play a wooden domino block.
The daily game of wooden dominos is one of its great qualities, where the dominos are either disgusted or thrown on the table—the better they do, the harder the slam. All of this is played in good spirits, with outsiders having difficulty deciding the state of the game, and dominoes in heaps.
Pensioners are often interested in games that are deemed “appropriate” for their older age and implicit vulnerability. For example, in its “traditional” shape, games like bingo, card, or even dominoes. This strong variety allows players to experience rivalry despite their senior years as they see fit, due both to the flexibility of the dominos and the spirituality of the players.